Rotary Club of Edwardstown Club Video Conferencing
Please note: These sessions are usually limited to 40 minutes
It’s not hard but it is a good idea to print these instructions alongside you the first time.
- Go to the Rotary Club of Edwardstown’s web page (www.edwardstownrotary.org)
- Click on the Link that says “Join ZOOM meeting”
- Click "open Zoom meeting" when the pop up window appears.
You are now in
- A small window will appear asking you to “Please wait for the host.”.
- Just wait for your host to let you in (this may take a minute or two if there are a lot of people)
- You don’t need to do anything else – Just follow the instructions. Your host will allow you to enter
NOTE: The very first time you use Zoom you will see a different option in the pop-up on your screen “Download and open Zoom” click on this to download the app on your computer or mobile phone. Everything should be automatic.
There will be times when you will be asked to update Zoom. Just agree and it will be done automatically
*Sometimes you may need to wait for the host to open or let you in to the meeting, please be patient.
How to use Zoom
Make sure you have a very well-lit room and you are not far from your computer’s microphone.
Check to make sure your camera is showing all your face (nothing worse than people just seeing the top of your head)
If there are many people in the meeting the host may mute everyone except the speaker to stop feedback and distractions .
If you wish to speak please Click on "Reactions" and select the hand. The host will then unmute you ready to speak.
**** Only one person can speak at a time ****
If joining from a mobile Device
If you are joining from a mobile device (Android smartphone/tablet, Apple iPhone/iPad)
then you will simply be prompted to download the Zoom Cloud Meetings app from the App or Play Store.
If joining from a computer
When entering a Zoom meeting for the first time from a computer you will need to download a small application file.
There will also be times when you will be asked to update Zoom. Just agree and it will be done automatically
Rotary Zoom guide (lots of videos to get you started)